Dr. Ekram Beshir, came to North America in 1975 to join her husband. They were blessed with 4 children whom they raised to be dedicated and active Muslim workers. As a wife/husband team, they together authored several bestselling parenting, marriage, and family books in North America - among them, “Meeting the Challenge of Parenting in the West, an Islamic Perspective,” “Muslim Teens, Today’s Worry, Tomorrow’s Hope, a Practical Islamic Parenting Guide,” “Blissful Marriage,” and “Parenting Skills based on Qur’an and Sunnah,” as well as other parenting books in Arabic. Some of their parenting books have been translated to French and German and currently being translated to Malaysian, Bosnian, Indonesian and Albanian languages. They are teaching two courses on the subject of “Parenting in North America” with the Islamic American University. Both are regular contributors to the Family Section of several magazines, including “The American Muslim,” “Islamic Horizons,” “The Message,” and “Muslim Family”. Dr. Ekram with her husband Dr. Mohamed Beshir are the recipients of the City of Ottawa Certificate of Appreciation for the year 2003 for their volunteer work in the area of Education as well as other City of Ottawa awards for valuable services to community children in year 2006. She has traveled extensively, presenting workshops to various Muslim communities all over the world.
- She is a medical doctor by profession, with a background in child psychology.
- She is the founder of both Abraar full time Islamic school and Rahma School, a weekend Arabic and Islamic school, in Ottawa, Canada.
- She is the recipient of the Director’s Citation Award of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board for the year 2000 for her contribution in the area of education from among 7000 employees of the board.
- She has been very active with the Muslim community in Ottawa in the areas of study circles, children and youth camps, sisters programs, and marriage counseling.
- She has traveled extensively to various parts of the world to present parenting workshops.
- She has also authored other books for teaching Arabic to Muslim children living in Non- Arabic speaking countries.